Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Motif #1 Rockport, MA Watercolors by Daily Painter Bertie Brown

Motif #1 Rockport, MA
original watercolor seascape, Rockport Motif #1: 15" x 15"
Sophie’s Rockport
floats, boats
fisherman totes
nets, tack
Lobsterman shacks
is any place better?
where’s BB, I’ll ask
and BB asked me 
Sophie,
what do you see?
steadfast granite rocks
weathered wooden docks
frigid north atlantic
boisterous, frantic...
and Sophie my dear
what do you hear?
cormorants and gulls
a cacophony of calls
tides singing songs
of the sea all  day long...
though I am just a novice,
BB, 
I’ve got it!
sturdy framed homes
granite popple stones
smooth and polished
by their beach bathing frolics
buoys with bright stripes
dancing in the light
and motif #1
standing proud in the sun
saluting seafarers 
both living and gone
yep, BB and me
 we both agree
Rockport by the sea
is the best place to be!
BB
Watercolors by Bertie Brown - Art Instrumental
for info click: email
to view more Bertie Browns click: My Blog
for available prints click: My Smugmug

No comments: