Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Hilltop Estate with Sunflowers" by Susan Benigni Landis (Susan B. Landis)

 
"Hilltop Estate with Sunflowers"
11x14, oil
 
 
I am so glad to create my first post as part of the Daily Painters of Pennsylvania. I've been involved in plein air and landscape painting for many years, although I enjoy a variety of subject matter. Often, I will do small plein air pen/ink/watercolor sketches and turn them into larger oil landscapes in the studio. This painting was done from such a sketch, on location in Italy, in the region of Umbria and reminds me of the warmth that has yet to come in Pennsylvania. More of my work can be seen at:  http://sbenignilandisfineart.blogspot.com   

6 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

WELCOME! What a nice 1st post, Susan = )

Julie Riker said...

Great to see your work on the blog Susan!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Welcome to the Daily Painters of Pennsylvania Susan! Your first post is wonderful and we are all looking forward to seeing your work on the blog.

Clare Klaum said...

Welcome to DPP! Your work is beautiful and I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Welcome! :-) I love the painting! Can't wait to see more.

Cecelia Lyden said...

Hi there Susan-nice to see your work here.