Saturday, October 1, 2011

Seraphim/Angel Oil study by Michael LeKites

Took a break from my landscape and several other things I've been working on and have begun this. A friend posed for me over a period of several weeks taking hundreds of images.
I had a vision of this painting about 9 months ago. Began looking for candle sticks on ebay (bought some nice antiques) and worked on different costumes.The sword is also an antique.
I have at least two different but equally nice poses for this and may end up doing two different paintings, changing things slightly. I haven't decided on wings but am considering adding them.

All I've done here is lay out color and worked on basic composition... but color was my main focus with this study. By the time the paint dries, I will decide about whether going ahead and make this a completed painting or begin new.  Oil on canvas 16x20.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a masters mind at work!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecelia Lyden said...

Beautiful rendering of candlelight on her face and upper body.