Monday, September 26, 2011

Horse and rider WIP nearing completion ~ Linda Young watercolors

©Linda Young
Horse and rider  over double oxer jump
This commission is nearing completion and the photo I took shows one of the fence holders (standards?) on the right to be tipped inward; it really isn't.  I just didn't get it square when I took it this morning.

I was asked me to put the young woman's dog peeking over the fence if possible; so I located the dog on the back left side.  I didn't want to take away from the main subject which is the horse and rider.  When the subject (dog) is in the distance, details are not possible so the suggestion and coloring are all that can be done. The dog is standing on hind legs looking in.  I think client is going to like it.

Increased values all around, shadows added and gestures of facial details improved. 

What do you think?

If you'd like to see more of my work, please visit my website.click Here

5 comments:

Kathy Michels said...

Your client is going to love this! It came out beautiful. You can really feel the movement of the horse jumping. Wonderful work!

Unknown said...

Thank you Kathy; I got an email from him today telling me how much he liked it. Makes me happy!

Unknown said...

Great job, Linda! It is beautiful!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

You really did a phenomenal job with this difficult painting, Linda. I am not surprized that your client is thrilled!

Unknown said...

Thank you Claire, The next thing to do is get it matted and then delivered.