Monday, August 22, 2011

Blue Striped Towel at Heron Hideaway by Linda Young Watercolors




The pencil drawing--I didn't have the camera with me today... 

Title: The Blue Striped Towel 4 x 6"
copyright 2011 Linda Young
Watercolor

This scene is from a place called Heron Hideaway that we rented in Key West, Florida in 2009.  It had a small pool and a private hot tub and lovely greenery all around the rental.  The sun was going down and I looked out of the sliding glass door to see the towel draped across a plastic chair; I had forgotten to bring it inside with me after swimming that day.  The colors at that time of day were very intense and rich.

Heron Hideaway was a great place to stay and one we want to go back to again. 
  
Linda Young Watercolors
P O Box 941
Carlisle, Pa 17013



3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh so perfect, this glorious hint of a vacation in progress!

Taryn Day said...

Love this. Really great pencil sketch- strong structure of a difficult subject.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is wonderful, Linda. I like both the sketch and the finished piece, and appreciate your showing both so that we can see your process.