Friday, November 19, 2010

Low Country Libretto Watercolor Seascape by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Bertie Brown - Art is Instrumental

Low Country Libretto

original watercolor seascape/salt marsh: 14"w x 11"h

Salt Marsh Meanderings

Low Country liaisons

herons skulking about

don’t get on my turf

they often cry out!

amongst the sweet grass

they sneak and stalk

it’s all about the belly

feed me, feed me, it squawks

they really are a sight

a pterodactyl? a hawk?

no,

just Big Bird in white

looking for that perfect bite!

BB’10

Watercolors by Bertie Brown - Art is Instrumental

Lancaster, PA

info at: email

blog: http://watercolorsbybertiebrown.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Dianne Lorden said...

Really beautiful. The depth created by the meandering of that lazy water is perfect. I love salt marshes - so silent, yet they have an air of expectation. And those egrets are ever-present!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Makes me think of North Carolina, Bertie. This is gorgeous!

Mary Beth Brath said...

This is lovely. I am having so much fun this morning looking at all of the posts on the DPP blog. This is the perfect start to a day of painting. I am ready to go!!