Thursday, September 30, 2010

"View from the Terrace" Oil Pastel by Tatiana Myers.

"View from the Terrace"
 10 x 8 ", RTX 280, OIl Pastels.


This will be one of two works what I'm planning to include in Plein Air exhibit at Kings Gap  State park this upcoming Sunday.
Just another little something, nothing special. Once again I totally loved to work with this new panels. I used a lot of solvent on background  of this painting, what gave it almost a feeling of real Oil. Front was "drawn" with Oil Pastel sticks and no solvent. I like combination of both methods in one painting. 
Just what I wanted to see !..
 
With questions about my art work e-mail me at TanyaOfOz@aol.com .

To see more of my paintings visit my web site:
http://www.TatianaMyersFineArt.com/

5 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Can't wait to see this IRL, Tatiana...see you on Sunday!

Tatiana said...

I hope weather will be kind to us on Sunday and we all will enjoy great time in Kings Gap. I love it there. Still - don't even know what I'll be painting with this time. Perhaps pastels again.

Mary Beth Brath said...

I know this scene well and you did a fantastic job. Love the strong light and the tree trunks.

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Mary Beth!
I was very attracted to that sharp light effect and those stones, almost pink in color. Had to try it. Glad you can recognize the place!

Julie Riker said...

Love the pink color in the stones and how it contrast all the green. It was great to see you and your pieces today at the park. The colors of this piece are much more vibrant in person.