Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunflower Alley Series Watercolor Landscape/Sunflower Field by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Bertie Brown

Sunflower Alley

original watercolor landscape/sunflowers, fields, barns: 14"w x 11"h

What, Ho!

I gazed down in dismay

Where autumn's portent now lay

The first one I've seen

This fine summer day

A brittle, sculpted shell

Unneeded

That a locust cast away.

I'll try hard not to fear

Those words “Winter's drawing near”

And find solace in hues

Of brown and gold

My sunflowers

So glorious, so bold

Here in this haven

Of sunshine and rest

My own backyard

At its “all dandied and dressed up” best!

BB

Bertie Brown - Lancaster, PA

info at: email

blog: http://watercolorsbybertiebrown.blogspot.com


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bertie, where are these sunflowers? There used to be some locally but weren't planted this year. I've been trying to find a field of them.
This is an exciting and brightly colored painting. Wow

Mary Beth Brath said...

Oh the movement! So happy to meet you at the Lititz show. Your work is truely a reflection of your soul. See you soon - MB