Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Fire Birds" Oil Pastel by Tatiana Myers.

"Fire Birds"
8 x 6" Oil Pastel on RTX240 Board.


My very latest floral painting. Those orchids are done is Erengy brand Oil Pastels and finished just with slight touch up of some Holbeins.  
I call this one "Fire Birds" because of middle of orchid flower look just like little colorful bird to me.

With questions about my art work e-mail me at TanyaOfOz@aol.com .

To see more of my paintings visit my web site:
http://www.TatianaMyersFineArt.com/

6 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Beautiful Tatiana! You did a wonderful job rendering the details in the petals...and on such a small scale.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Exquisite, Tatiana. I thought this was much larger!

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Julie and Claire!

No, this work is not big. I got a nice 8x6 frame what was just sitting around with no use... And wanted paint something what will look good in it... On other hand I wanted to enter something in contest for Erengy pastels (what I still need to do). This work was done from my own photo reference and reference taken from my own orchid! :-)

Kathy Michels said...

This is so pretty. I love the blending in the center of the flower. You have really brought out that soft velvety feel that is so prevalent in the center of these beautiful flowers.

Debra Kreiger said...

Nicely done Tatiana. I like your title also.

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Kathy and Debra!