Monday, June 18, 2012

YOUNG PLEIN AIR ARTISTS By Cecelia Lyden

oil/stretched canvas
11x14

These are two young painters participating in the Quick Draw in Willow Park during the Camp Hill Plein Air Event. As a retired elementary art instructor, I love seeing young people engaging in any artistic endeavor. I chuckled at the positions, on the ground and the wall, they took to view and paint their subject--not sure if the apple was the subject or a snack or both, but I snapped their picture, and painted them from my photo. 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so neat! Enter this one in a contest, Cecelia; it is a wonderful painting that tells a beautiful story.

Bertie Brown said...

So nicely done, Cecelia!

Mary Beth Brath said...

I always love your people scenes. Beautiful color choices and of course the story it tells is priceless.

Julie Riker said...

Lovely and dear painting. I agree with Linda that it tells a story.

I am sorry I couldn't see the children's quick draw since they scheduled it the same time as the adult competition. Maybe I will suggest that, for next year, they have them at different times so that we can see the kids create -- and they can benefit from watching the adults as well.

Sunny said...

This is so beautiful! You certainly captured the chidren's intensity as they worked. I love the story it portrays.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Wonderful painting, Cecelia!!!

Deborah Nell said...

Love this. Makes me want to see what they were painting. Great job!