Sunday, June 17, 2012

Quick Draw from Gettysburg Festival - D. Lorden

Hey all! So much excitement this past week, and it's been a while since I've been able to post. I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's work - both here and in person - from this year's Gettysburg Festival. Here is my pastel from Friday evening's Quick Draw competition on Lincoln Square: a painting of the corner of Carlisle and Railroad Sts., along the tracks, featuring the Historic Gettysburg Railroad Station and a portion of the Majestic complex. This pastel on sanded Colorfix paper received Third Place in the competition (yay!!) and was also sold that evening.
There were many visitors during the event, which made for a really fun time! I even got to share some of the history of the station with folks who were interested. I have been a docent there for more than four years, but this is the first time I've painted the building.
Hopefully, I'll soon get to updating my fine arts website: South Mountain Sketchbook

3 comments:

Larry Lerew said...

Beautiful Painting! Enjoyed talking to you at the reception.

Cecelia Lyden said...

Congratulations on the prize and the sale such a charming and picturesgue pastel.

Julie Riker said...

Congratulations! Quick draws are exciting enough - then the award and sale -- awesome!