Sunday, January 29, 2012

'Watercolor Study of a Muskellunge (Esox masquinongy) in the Barred Phase' by Thom Glace

Transparent Watercolor on Crescent Mat Board
Image Size: 19" x 7".
Non-Professional Photograph.
This is the largest fish study that I have attempted. Twice the size
of any of my previous studies. I had started to increase the
watercolor studies of my dragonfly species, and
enjoyed being able to define more details in the work.

Below are my 3 latest dragonfly studies that I had previously
put up on this blog- all in the larger format, but I now
have the studies  professionally shot to use on nate cards
and giclee prints.

A Note: Tomorrow, January 30th, I have been asked
by the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission to be
part of Pennsylvania's Fly Fishing Heitage.
I will be painting a live demo of the Pink (Humpback) Salmon
and showcasing my work with native fish, especially trout.

Here are the former dragonfly studies:
Adult Male Desert Whitetail in Spawning Dress

Male Checkered Setwing Dragonfly

Adult Female Desert Whitetail Dragonfly


THOM GLACE WATERCOLORS

1 comment:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Awesome Thom. So happy to see your post. I always love your work.