Friday, January 20, 2012

Lemons Red Flower and Bowl by Linda Young





copyright Linda Young Watercolors
10 x 14" 140# CP WC
Lemons, Red Flower and Bowl
 I was stuck in a non-painting rut for quite awhile, only working on very small ATC's and 4 x 6 paintings until I finally crawled out of that rut with this one.

This is a painting from a still life photo painting challenge at Paint and DrawTogether blogspot from last year --which I never got around to do until now.  It was drawn freehand and impressionistically. I started this painting with the students in my third Watercolor class to show them how to apply glazes, starting light, saving whites and make even brush stokes in the beginning of their paintings. I decided to finish it to show it to them in our next class this coming Tuesday. They saw the beginning stages and had the look on their faces like: "um...it's nice" and I could see some doubt in their eyes.  I hope they see there's hope for them if only they persevere. I'm looking forward to see what they accomplish this week.

Linda Young Watercolors
P O Box 941
Carlisle, Pa. 17013

No comments: