Monday, December 5, 2011

Pigeon Cluster, 30x40, oil , Ron Donoughe

Sometimes I walk the streets near my studio wondering if there is anything new. New in the sense that I haven't noticed before that is worthy of becoming a painting. Usually it is a light and shadow situation which catches my eye. But here were a bunch of pigeons clustered together on telephone wires. (I suppose they were getting ready for bed.) The thin vertical telephone pole shapes, wires and birds broke up the sky space while also adding an authentic texture to this city scene.

7 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Did you have fun painting all those little birds?

Ron Donoughe said...

Absolutely.

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

Again, the sun light! Wow.

Susan Roux said...

Very nice. Great sun.

Unknown said...

Those pigeons were south of Carlisle yesterday because I got a photograph of them sitting on a pole similar to this. I like this one Ron.

Taryn Day said...

I like your focus on the world above out world. Very nice.

Debra Kreiger said...

Love this! I always wondered what the birds are talking about as they gathered together on the lines! Love seeing the sun light!