Monday, September 12, 2011

TRUNK BAY By Cecelia Lyden

acrylic on stretched canvas

18x24

This summer I spent a week with my daughter and her family at their home overlooking Coral Bay on St John's Island in the Carribean. There are many beautiful beaches and bays on St. John's. Our grandchildren have been going there for many years and have visited all of them. Trunk Bay is Ryan's[ my grandson] favorite and he asked if I would paint it for him. So I did, from this photo I took. Unfortunately plein air painting was too difficult--too windy.

5 comments:

Debra Kreiger said...

Beautiful Cecelia! Very lucky grandson.

Julie Riker said...

This is also one of my favorite places on earth. You did a great job in capturing the depth of the scene with the distant islands. Makes me want to go back to St. John!

Unknown said...

So pretty Cecelia

Unknown said...

Beautiful seascape!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Cecelia...painter of beautiful clouds...this is wonderful!