Saturday, September 3, 2011

Jane Ramsey
Big Skies On a Big Lake
Plein Air Sketchbook Paintings

"Morning Clouds Over the Lake," Sketchbook Entry, August 2011

Montana is big skies, vivid blues, enormous clouds that seem endless. It's the kind of"big" that brings everything immediately into perspective for me. These are pages from my sketchbook created while at a family reunion/vacation on Flathead Lake in Northwestern Montana. I love taking my sketchbook on trips and making smaller paintings, sketches - observations and reflections.

"Evening Clouds Over the Wild Horse Island," Sketchbook Entry, August 2011

You can see more sketches from this trip on my blog.
Or visit my website for more art.

3 comments:

Debra Kreiger said...

Wow! These are wonderful Jane. You've captured the mood of each painting!

Jane Ramsey said...

Thank you Debra... such an expressive landscape to paint!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Such a beautiful freshness to these sketches, Jane. I just love them!