Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fields of Sunshine
Jane Ramsey
Plein Air Watercolor

"Fields of Sunshine," plein air watercolor, 12 x 9


What a memorable day painting in this field of sunflowers with members of the Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters. The weather was perfect, warm with low humidity. The blaze of sunflowers with their faces all turned towards the sun was magical. I loved the backdrop of the stately old barn with the roof line softened by the climbing vines. Many thanks to our lovely hosts, Eric and Nancy Olson.


This painting is for sale and currently on exhibit with other paintings from members of the Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters at the Fredricksen Library, 100 N. 19th Street, Camp Hill, PA.


Visit my website or blog to see more of my work.

8 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This painting is beautiful, Jane. It also looks wonderful up on the wall of the Fredricksen Library!

Unknown said...

Fresh, clean and beautiful. Great negative painting work in this.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Very lovely. It was so good to see you yesterday in Camp Hill. Did you make it over to the Mechanicsburg Art Center?

Deborah Nell said...

I love this. So fresh and cheery.

Jane Ramsey said...

thanks everyone! And yes, Mary Beth I did finally make it over there...after driving all over cornfields on the wrong side of the turnpike... lol! Google maps steered me to the wrong side, but I finally called and they gave me directions. Wasn't too bad... saw some beautiful barns I would have liked to sketch!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Plein air personified--So nice to meet you yesterday.

Jane Ramsey said...

Hi Cecelia! i was happy to meet you too! Look forward to painting together.

Bertie Brown said...

So beautiful...I wish sunflower season would never end!