Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day One, Plein Air Paint Out at The Gettysburg Fringe Festival


I ready Claire Carnell's great post about the artists who were "stationed" out near the seminary in Gettysburg yesterday. I had signed up to paint at the Eisenhower Farm rose garden, but unfortunately there weren't many roses still blooming, or in good condition. So I set up a little behind the house and created this watercolor and ink sketch of the the house, grounds and barns. I was the only artist there and it was very quiet, but very pleasant. Hopefully Monday I'll be able to paint in company!

3 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I always have thought that the Eisenhower Farm is a lovely, peaceful place and you have recreated that feeling with your beautiful painting, Amy. I love this.

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely beautiful, Amy!

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice Amy!