Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You lookin' at me?, by Linda Young


"You lookin' at me?", watercolor
4-3/4" x 6-7/8"
Linda Young artist

This is the first Paint and Draw Together challenge for 2011.  I must say, the challenges aren't getting any easier.  When I looked at the original photo, it appeared to me the Monarch butterfly had suddenly stopped and noticed the person behind the camera was getting close enough for it to be cautious.  The original didn't have any flowers so I added a few for "him" to taste while he is waiting to be purchased.   

If you'd like more information about purchasing this painting, please contact me via this website link.

To see more of the paintings of Linda Young go to this link   http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com/

6 comments:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Lovely painting. I really like the contrast between the muted background and crisp butterfly.

Dianne Lorden said...

Oooh, beautiful -- nice job!

Bertie Brown said...

I agree with Mary Beth..so clean and beautiful!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Makes me think of a clear skies and the warm Summer sun. Beautiful, Linda!

Thom Glace said...

So you are joining me in the bug world? Beautiful!Love the background!

Unknown said...

Mary Beth, Dianne and Bertie; you are so kind
Claire; Warm summer sun, butterfly bushes, gardens ablaze with color, green grass and blue skies...
...is it here yet?
Thom; I'm not too much into bugs, but they do intrigue me. This was a painting challenge and it called to me to paint "him" with a muted background.
Thank you all...Linda