Friday, January 21, 2011

Still Life in progress by Tatiana Myers. Pastels.


 8.5 x 11"  Pastel on La Carte


I don't really have anything new finished to post right now, but to keep blog running with more posts I'm posting my recent Work-in-Progress. I was looking forward to work on some Still Lifes over winter and this is a first one I ever did from my own reference . I think the biggest problem is - I like Still Life with fruits and those things are always disappearing in our house way before I get to it with my camera. This time I was quick enough and after all managed to do my photoshoot and started working on this photo with Photoshop. Finally I got photo right to the point I want to see it. I also ordered 50 feet long wire and set-up second monitor for my computer, what I can use right where I paint, without getting all that dust to computer itself. It was nice for change... i wanted have it done for a while. the only problem - during moving all those things and equipment around, i dropped on the floor my favorite pastel box... so now I have many many bits and pieces.. Fortunately most of is still can be used. 
So far here I am with all my "Apple & oranges". 
Working on Still Life is not a something I do very often, but sure feels good .

To be continued... 

With questions about paintings e-mail me at TanyaOfOz@aol.com .
To see more of my works visit my web site:
http://www.TatianaMyersFineArt.com/
http://www.TatianaMyersFineArt.blogspot.com/
.

5 comments:

Julie Riker said...

I like still working on still lifes too...this is coming along great! Looking forward to seeing the progress.
Maybe next time you should get the fake wax fruit and when someone tries to bite into it they will be sorry!

mmontes said...

This is coming around very nice!

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Julie!

I 'm not a big on Still Life, this is exactly why I need to practice some of it. This is my #3 ever to be exact, if not count one more what I did (and didn't finish) this summer during our work shop with Gregory Biolchini.
I always was considering this subject extremely boring and didn't pay attention to it. perhaps I was missing a lot and need to catch up a little. I think I started like it.

Thank You, Michelle!
I mentioned to you before I think combination of this paper with harder pastels does simple miracles of layering and details... Too bad I only still have one more piece of La Carte. Need to get more.

Mary Beth Brath said...

I just love the entire photo Tatiana - makes a great post. That apple looks so real. Can't wait to see the progression.

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Mary Beth!
I'll post more soon.