Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mountain View Nursery III by Mary Beth Brath




Mountian View Nursery III by Daily Painter of Pennsylvania Mary Beth Brath

16x20" Acrylic on Canvas


I started this painting on site (plein air) this summer at a local nursery with the Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters. The scene was so romantic I could not resist. The composition was right in front of me and I could picture the completed painting in my mind.

Pennsylvania had an extremely hot summer this year. I started early and painted until the heat was too much. I finally finished the painting this week in my studio.





6 comments:

Dianne Lorden said...

It sure WAS hot, Mary Beth. Glad you finally got a chance to finish this one. It's very pretty and has a sweet, old-fashioned sort of feeling to the style.

Kathy Michels said...

This is a beautiful composition. I agree with Dianne - this has that old-fashioned, romantic
feel to it. Great Job!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I am was painting right beside you on that day at Mountain View, and I am so glad to see you finished this lovely painting. Those hybiscus were enormous, and you have painted them beautifully!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Thanks Dianne and Kathy - that is the exact feeling I had through the process. I kept thinking about the New Hope Impressionists. Fern Coppedge is one of my favorites.

Bertie Brown said...

nice composition with the flowers leading me into the painting without overwhelming it.

Pat Koscienski said...

Beautifully done, Mary Beth. Great composition.