Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just Sophie and Me Watercolor Still Life by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Bertie Brown - Art is Instrumental

Beginning Niggling

in the beginning

I had an idea

a slight yet sure niggling

regarding Sophia

her dolly, a tea cup

a box, bag and bow

with plenty of pink

and green down below

this still life is taking

a life of its own

I think it would fit

in a “Sophie and Me” book

it could be a hit

if I ever finish it!

BB'10

Just Sophie and Me

original still life with Sophie Doll: 15"w x 16"h

Toddler Scholar

Just Sophie and me

learning to count

1 - 2 - 3

just Sophie and me

learning the sounds

A - B - C

just Sophie and me

and music and art

and poetry

(the toddler trinity

for pre-K Academy)

the music of Bach

oils by Cassatt

and poems by Emily

and yes, Robert Frost

our learning is steady

‘cause we want to go

we’ve gotta be ready

to show off, you know .......

BB'10

Watercolors by Bertie Brown - Art is Instrumental

Lancaster, PA

info: email

blog: http://watercolorsbybertiebrown.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is such a charming painting (and poem), Bertie! You are such a wonderful grandma.

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

I feel this could be in any cherished children's book. A wonderful painting.

Kathy Michels said...

So adorable! I love them both. These are such happy and fun pieces - sure to bring lots of smiles!