Friday, October 8, 2010

"The cat' is progressing


I didn't really have loads of time today to work (story of my life!). But, I was able to work more on the face fur of the cat, and while waiting for the paint to dry so I could add another layer, I worked on the background, finally settling on having hints of foliage in the background, as well as light and shade, keeping the cat in the shade, true to the cat's habits!! I think the background is more interesting, and more open, and doesn't seem to end right behind the cat now, and it pulls the cat forward better. More work to be done, but I will not have it in clear detail. Going to shade the body a bit more, allowing the face to move forward a tad. Getting the texture and shading down have been quite fun, and a test of patience for me, as I have to do layer by layer, and I am NOT a patient person!!! I wasn't doing upclose animals for this reason, but I can't stop doing them!! haha!!! It's all worth it in the end, and the process is just as fun!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fine-Art-by-RL-Huff/119654333719
http://www.fineartbyrlhuff.com


I have a still life I would like to do too, since I bought some pumpkins this past weekend, but with having this work taking a while, and the end of my current class coming up, I am thinking it will have to wait just a bit!!! Always so many things to paint,and not enough time! And to think, when I first started painting seriously a few years ago, i was running out of ideas!!

No comments: