Saturday, October 9, 2010

Apples on Wooden Box - Mark H Brown

I finished another piece with apples this evening.  I decided to use an old wooden container to hold the apples and continue the theme using a wooden box crate to rest the setup upon.  I love painting wood, particularly with all the cuts, dents and nails.  There is a world of subtle colors in the wood.  Using the lighter background gives more color due to the bounce lights.  Here it is . . .



Apples from the orchard
oil on canvas
18 x 16
available

4 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Magnificent. I love how the apples seem to glow between the wood slats.

Cecelia Lyden said...

Perfect food, perfect painting.

Bertie Brown said...

I like the contrast of the rustic wood and basket to the gloss of the apples.

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

Lovely, just lovely. How much time did this take to paint?