Tuesday, September 7, 2010

'Study of a Westslope Cutthroat Trout' by Thom Glace


Transparent Watercolor on Crescent Mat Board
Double Matted on Identical Mat Board
Image Size: 9" x 4.5". Matted Size: 14" x 11".

Part of a series of 12 Trout painted for 
a 2011 Calendar featuring quotes 
from 'The Compleat Angler' by Izzak Walton  in 1653
The Book is still in print today!

This particular trout is from a Photograph provided to me 
by Ed Jaworowski- well known Fly Fishing Instructor
from a fishing trip to Montana. The colors are unique to that area.

Thom Glace Watercolors

2 comments:

Dianne Lorden said...

Another handsome fellow. I think I dated him in high school.

Unknown said...

I've caught many of these when I lived on the Western Slope of the Gunnison. A fun fish to catch with a fly rod! ...and yours looks exactly like them.