Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Because One Is Not Enough by Mary Beth Brath


I was visiting the DPP blog a few nights ago and was so inspired by Andy Smith and his daily paintings. I found a royalty free stock photo and pulled out my watercolor paper and acrylics. I drew out the composition and blocked in the colors. This morning, I finished the details. The work is 6x4". I will stare at it for a few days, then varnish, mat and frame it. I already see a small adjustment I need on the rim of the mug.

5 comments:

Dianne Lorden said...

Mary Beth, I had only seen the title (as I must scroll down to see the top artwork) and knew it was going to be a delicious-looking painting. Certainly not disappointing!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Hi Dianne - I have wanted to get into still lifes of confections. This was so much fun. Also, the top of the blog is a little jumbled with the extra gadget to promote the capitol exhibit. After the exhibit is over, I will remove the gadget so the top post shows up higher on the page.

Bertie Brown said...

one of those goodies is never enough!

Deborah Nell said...

Great title. Your confections look very yummy.

Kathy Michels said...

This is a great piece. The wonderful colors just make the goodies seem to pop. You just want to reach right in for a yummy treat.