Friday, September 3, 2010

Circle Series - #4 (RED) - Linda Benton McCloskey - Latest Painting

The latest painting in my circle series. This painting is a diptych and created on raw canvas. I have never painted on raw canvas before.....LOVED IT - such great textures. I painted this unstretched and on the wall - and it's the last one I created in New Smyrna Beach, FL during my independent study program with Steven Aimone. My palette almost never consists of purples and reds, but I really like the outcome. Size is very large - approximately 58 x 39 and it's on display at the Frame Connection Galley in Hummelstown, PA in the Hershey Art Association's latest exhibit.

2 comments:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Wow - I would love to see this in person!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Your work is fabulous, Linda. I too would like to see this in real life to get the full impact.
Hope you don't mind, but I just gave your name to someone from Allenberry Playhouse who called me in search of larger paintings. My largest is 36 x 48, and I immediately thought of you.