Sunday, August 29, 2010

On the drawing board - Dianne Lorden


Hi all - still progressing, here is an interpretation of one of my favorite places: the Kirkridge Retreat Center in the Pocono Mountains. I was most recently there the end of August, but have been making shamanic pilgrimages to that marvelous land for several years. I'm not sure yet where this pastel is going, but this scene is slightly different from how the area actually appears. I guess it's shaping up to be a combination of what's there and what's implied by fantasy. So, I'll post again when it's completed.

Now, we're off to visit our daughter at the lake house!

5 comments:

Debra Kreiger said...

It's nice to see the beginnings of a piece of work. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Michels said...

It's coming along great. It looks like such a serene place to visit. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Autumn Leaves said...

This is looking amazing! Is this being done in pastels?

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I can't wait to see this finished, Dianne!

Dianne Lorden said...

Yes, it is pastels. And a correction (although not of much significance!)- I was there at the end of July and the beginning of August. Thanks for your interest to all! I'll put up the finished piece, hopefully pretty soon.