Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ISEA Award & Demo

Linda Benton McCloskey



I attended the ISEA (International Society of Experimental Artists) annual international juried exhibit and conference held this past week in Grand Rapids, MI - and am pleased to note that I won the ISAP (International Society of Acrylic Painters) Award for 2010! I have my painting, "A New Beginning", that won the award pictured at right.

I, also, was asked to demonstrate encaustic techniques to the attending artists from all over the United States, Canada and even as far away as Wales! What an honor! Everyone was so attracted to the medium that I was booked to hold a workshop at the 2012 conference in Gloucester, MA (dates to be determined). I have also added a few photos of the demo, even though picture quality isn't great.






2 comments:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Major Congratulations on your award and demo! Thank you so much for sharing the photos with us.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved reward, Linda!