Tuesday, June 8, 2010

HOUSE ON PEFFER STREET By Cecelia Lyden

acrylic on canvas
14x18
I am resubmitting my red house painting. The color in my original entry was off and I had the wrong street name in the title. There are some row houses in the area and I believe this house was part of a row of houses. Its one side looks like it has been sliced. I returned to Peffer Street in Harrisburg to check the color of the house. It was not as bright and sunny a day, so the color was more subdued. My first visit there was on a sparkling bright and sunny day. The color was much brighter. I decided to keep the color intense, because that single, bright red building sitting alone on the bright green grass under a bright blue sky is what attracted me the first time I drove by.

3 comments:

Bertie Brown said...

"Too Tall on Jones" ...if it were on Jones St., anyway!

blah said...

Worth posting twice!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Fascinating - makes me wonder what is on the side of the building.