Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Opening night. by Michael Lekites

Thought I'd post a few pictures from the opening of my show at the Station Gallery last Friday night!
It was a lot of fun and met some great people. About a hundred or so attended the opening.  Had a few sales, which is always nice and around 8:30 pm, some special excitement.  I strong thunderstorm hit suddenly and lightening struck nearby. Several people in the gallery saw a fireball from the explosion and half the city lost power. So.. it was time to wrap it things up.

The first image I'm pictured with my former high school art teacher who invited me to do the show and was such a great influence on me during school.











2 comments:

Tatiana said...

Once again - congratulations, Michael! Looking wonderful... and this is so great you still have connections with your art teacher!... I found out from one of my class-mates back in Russia that my school art teacher is still teaching kids at the same very school. I wish I could show her what I am up to now... I think she will be happy to see it.

Great show! Hope to see you sometime.

blah said...

Thanks!