Saturday, May 26, 2012

South of Frace. Pastel study by Tatiana Myers.

South of France.
Pastel study by Tatiana Myers

Summer is almost here and I'm back to my pastels. I enjoy using those for landscape painting, but also it is time for me to get ready for two upcoming workshops I'm attending later this season... They both about pastels, but very different. First one "Contemporary Still Life" with my favorite Canadian pastel artist - Dianna Pointing. I'm very happy that our Pastel Society went with Master-Teacher of my choice and brining Dianna from Canada to teach here, in Central PA... And after weekly session of working with Dianna, Jim and I heading to Minnesota for my second workshop of the year this time with Richard McKinley .
I enjoyed studying with him previous  summer and now going for advanced mentoring session. 
 So much looking forward to this year - much to accomplish and mush to learn!

6 comments:

Kathy Michels said...

Beautiful Tatiana - I love the perspective here. The colors are very beautiful. Sounds like an exciting time right now with classes and mentoring - have a great time!

Tatiana said...

Thank You so much, Kathy! yes, it will be very challenging experience... but great time. But till then we have few more month to do things and to love what we do. Hope to see you one of those days. Enjoy Your summer!

Unknown said...

There is a very mediterranean feel to this painting. It is lovely.Enjoy your workshops!

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Charlotte!.. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! Without help of my wonderful family members it will be totally impossible. I'm very thankful for support I'm getting from them with all my new beginnings.

Taryn Day said...

Nice movement in the composition, and such an appealing scene. Great color too.

Tatiana said...

Thank You, Taryn!