Thursday, February 23, 2012

We seem to be on a French theme...by Mary Beth Brath

In the spirit of Andy Smith and Tatiana Myers, I decided to post jpegs of some french scenes I have sold in the past. Many of my paintings between 2005 and 2008 were French and Tuscan themed.

Shipped to Colorado

Purchased to be used on the cover of a novel

Sold through a local gallery
One of the first paintings I ever sold was a Riviera scene and we shipped it to a stone village on the Riviera called Cap d'Ail. Couldn't find that jpeg easily this morning. My husband traveled to France and Italy on business and brought back photos for me. I could not go on the trip since I was expecting our 2nd child.  Ahhh---maybe someday.  Since then I have come to realize we have lavender fields, sunflower fields and orchards all over PA to paint.


5 comments:

Ron Donoughe said...

Really love the middle image! Wonderful rhythm.

Pat Koscienski said...

I really like the loose, abstractness of your first 2 paintings, Mary Beth. Unique!

Tatiana said...

Agree with Pat and Ron!I think my favorite is #1, but I clearly can see #2 on a cover of book.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Thanks. My brush has been dry this week and I really need to get to the easel.

Debra Kreiger said...

Wonderful Mary Beth! I like them all.