Friday, February 10, 2012

Untitled oil by Michael LeKites

Still very much a work in progress. I've done a lot of refining since I last posted on this. I've removed her sword for now, but I will put it back on once I've finished the brush work on her robe. Still a little work is needed on proportions. Haven't ruled out adding angel wings.  The theme of this is the light of the God's Word or the light of Truth vs. the darkness. The title, once I decide on it, will have relevance to that. Oil on canvas, 16x20.

4 comments:

Debra Kreiger said...

Coming along nicely Michael.

Ron Donoughe said...

Definitely creates an emotional response.

Tatiana said...

Getting better and better!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I am really enjoying seeing the progress of this piece, Michael. The glow of light from the candle and its effect on the girl's skin is wonderful.