Friday, February 24, 2012

"Father Of The Bride" by Deborah Nell


"Father Of The Bride" by Deborah Nell
16"x 20" Watermedia on Yupo paper
Just finished this yesterday. I was pleased with the feeling of anticipation that this painting gives. I will be presenting a free workshop at the Hanover Area Arts Guild on March 13th at 7pm. It is called "Art As Therapy". I will be introducing the process of using art for therapeutic outcomes. As a part-time mental health professional, I use art with my clients and it is very effective. Come and learn more. To register call the Art Guild at 717 632-2521

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!I feel the movement, the colors fit perfectly and everyone can relate to the feeling. I can't wait for your workshop!

Sharon Benner said...

What a joyful feeling in this painting. I like it very much.

Pat Koscienski said...

I really like all your paintings, Deborah. They alway evoke lots of emotion. The colors are beautiful and warm.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This makes me think of my daughter's wedding, which was one of the happiest days of my life. This evokes the love and joy of the day - wonderful!

Deborah Nell said...

Thank you Claire. My daughter loves weddings and would love to be a wedding planner some day. I think of her when I see this.