Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Playin' the Blues - Acrylic impressionistic representational figure of saxophone player by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Pat Koscienski



" Playin' the Blues"
20" x 16"
Acrylic on deep cradled clayboard

This painting was done from a photo posted by Lee A. Brown on his challenge blogspot A Day Not Wasted. It was not a recent photo, but I was intrigued by this sax player and inspired to paint him. If you have any questions or wish to purchase, contact PAT. If you wish to see more of my paintings, please visit my website and blogspot at:

www.patkoscienski.com

11 comments:

blah said...

You've done a great job with this!

Deborah Nell said...

Love the rich colors. Can almost hear the music.

Kathy Michels said...

This is gorgeous Pat! The colors are beautiful and I loved the way you captured his face as he plays the sax. Great job!

Mary Beth Brath said...

So good to see your post first thing this morning! I always enjoyed touring your gallery studios. This painting is stunning as usual Pat.

Donna said...

Wow! Love this! I agree about the beautiful colors. Really nice!

Pat Koscienski said...

I want to thank everyone so very much for your wonderful comments.

Tatiana said...

I think I remember seeing this one at Gallery 13, correct me if I'm wrong. Like it a lot. So much energy and character in this one!

Christine Marx said...

I love this Pat! It's stunning.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thank you, Tatiana. No, this one has not shown anywhere except at the Art Assoc. of Hbg....where it is until Feb 17.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, Christine. Miss seeing you.

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

Nice job, especially on the sax.