Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Recumbent Knight" by Taryn Day

oil on panel
6"x6"

I've been inspired by the painter Karin Jurick to paint scenes of people in museums.  Here is my first attempt, a young girl contemplating weighty matters like time and mortality as well as the mystery of this unknown life, represented by an effigy. 

It's dark and rainy again, so this photo was taken inside.  I think the colors are better than this, but as the rain will continue for a while I'll get a better picture taken in a few days .

To see more of my work visit:
My Daily Paintworks Gallery
Awake and Painting Blog
Taryn Day Fine Art

6 comments:

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

I am really enjoying all your posts of people. This is another that makes me look...

Deb Watson said...

I put a bid in on this - love it and am just learning oils. Hope I get it and can see it up close and in person.

Taryn Day said...

Debi, that is so nice! I'm honored that such an artist as yourself wants to buy a painting!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Love, love, LOVE!

Ron Donoughe said...

What, the colors are better than this! I'm always intrigued by how you change color and temperature as the plane changes direction. Not mention the sensitivity of this composition that is in the shape of a cross.

Bertie Brown said...

Wowser, this is great! that red wrap is the perfect touch!