Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Watercolor pencil class by Dianne Lorden

I've been enjoying the watercolor pencil class with Amy Lindenberger at the Carlisle St. location (Gettysburg) of the Adams County Arts Council. (They've officially relocated to Washington St. and will have the Grand Opening on Oct. 29.) This picture represents a few of our exercises. I'm trying out this medium -- which is totally foreign to me; I've never even worked in traditional watercolors! -- on the DPP Challenge Blog October challenge. What a hoot! I've no idea how it's going to turn out. Amy is teaching this class with an emphasis on techniques for laying down a foundation for a traditional colored pencil illustration.
My artwork can be seen on South Mountain Sketchbook

3 comments:

Amy Lindenberger said...

This was great fun to see, Dianne! I really love how you selected your own colors (the colors are so poor in the original photo)and made that sample come alive. I'm glad you've been enjoying experimenting!

Dianne Lorden said...

I'm having a blast - thanks!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I love how you format your photos in your posts, Dianne - this looks like it could be an ad for the class!
Looks like this is a wonderful class, and bet Amy will really teach you a lot about the medium.