Tuesday, September 20, 2011

For my dear groupie girlfriends ~ Linda Young watercolors

 
©Linda Young
These are playing card sized watercolor paintings

This weekend I was at my husband's hillclimb races and three of my friends Darlene, Molly and Liz were there with their significant others watching them race and recording the times for their guy drivers.  We have affectionately named ourselves "The Groupie Girls".

We have a lot of fun and very lively conversations together; they are always coming up to me while I'm painting saying "we were wondering where you've been".  So, I had to hide these three little paintings from them because I'm mailing one for each person today.  Each painting is a little different from the other but similar in theme.

In the distance are rocky cliffs and the lighthouse to guide a sailor's way.
Though we are all miles apart from each other (one lives in North Carolina another in Mifflinburg and another in York), they are always welcome at our home and never far from my thoughts. 

If you'd like to see more of my work, please visit my website.

4 comments:

Dianne Lorden said...

These are really sweet, Linda. Great miniatures! Can't ever get enough of lighthouses, I say.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Great post. The lighthouse reminds me of Cape May NJ. My husband is always telling me to paint lighthouses.

Autumn Leaves said...

What a fabulous gift and oh so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thank you; I hope they'll like them too; this one does look similar to the Cape May Light.