Friday, June 17, 2011

Day three plein air painting at Beech Spring Farms by Linda Young

This is the painting from the Beech Spring Farms.  There were so many flowers in the potting shed garden, I was overwhelmed by them all being the "newkid on the block" plein air artist as I am.   Looking back at this one, less would have been better in the foreground, I think.  I will probably do this one again only on a larger, looser scale in the future.  But, I could crop it....(see below)
The potting shed garden
7 x 10 Watercolor

What do you think?  The one above, or this cropped one?
The potting shed garden (cropped)

Linda Young watercolors website

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I don't know...I rather like the uncropped version! Lends a sense of space and makes me realize I am looking at a potting shed/greenhouse rather than a house which was my initial impression. Either way it is beautiful and I love the colors you've brought to this garden.

Debra Kreiger said...

You've really got some serious color and depth in this one Linda!

Unknown said...

I ended up not cropping it~! Thanks for commenting.