Monday, January 10, 2011

Something different! by Dianne Lorden


Hi everyone, and Happy New Year - so much post-holidays catching up to do, and I haven't found much time for painting during the past few weeks. But I have done a great deal of gourd crafting, so I thought I'd share some of that artwork with you. My work is on the cover of the current Journal of Shamanic Practice (top) and below are two images from a piece I completed last week. (These are wood-burned and painted.)
That website, btw, is www.shamanicart.webs.com and, of course, my paintings can be viewed at www.southmountainsketchbook.webs.com. I'll be back to paintings any day now! Yay!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Meticulously crafted and nicely done.

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nicely done. I dabbled with the wood-burning tool when I was younger. Wonderful work!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

These are wonderfully designed and crafted, Dianne. I love that paint has been added to augment the wood-burning!

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely beautiful work, Dianne. That tree is phenomenal and so gorgeous!

Thom Glace said...

Not a Craft- AN ART on a stick!

What fabulous work!!!!