Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Will Remember You


I Will Remember You
by Deborah Nell
15"x11" watermedia on Yupo paper
I recently went on a short term missions trip to Nicaragua. It will not be my last. I loved the people of Nicaragua. They have so little in terms of material wealth, yet are so rich in joy and gratitude. I took lots of pictures while I was there. This is a painting of a boy at one of the many outreaches we did while there. I don't normally paint faces but I had to make an exception. When I returned home from my trip I had lots of wonderful memories and wanted to try and capture some of the many faces I will not forget from Nicaragua.

4 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Such talent to visualize your real experiences and paint them in such a creative manner.

Unknown said...

Excellent capture of your memories. Your feelings and passion for helping others was poured into this painting and it shines through to it's viewers.

Pat Koscienski said...

I knew this painting was yours as soon as I saw it. Hope you do more of these, Deborah. This one is saying a lot.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Wonderfully creative, Deborah. This is a very powerful piece.