Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Pepper" By Debra Tritt Kreiger


"Pepper" Watercolor 5"x3.5" on 300lb Arches Paper

This is a mini. I love to do these little paintings in between the larger ones. Gives me a little practice in painting a little quicker. I also wanted to try the 300lb paper which I like very much. I used the layers of lettuce to give a different texture into the mix and to incorporate the complimentary color scheme, and to make it pop!

To contact me about the purchase of this painting or see more of my work go to http://www.debkreiger.com/or follow my blog at debkreiger.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

LUSCIOUS COLOR, EXCELLENT STEM--I LOVE TO PAINT AND EAT RED PEPPERS.

Bertie Brown said...

It certainly is a Poppin' Pepper!

Mary Beth Brath said...

I agree Deb. I am looking for mats to go with my little ATCs so I can frame them. However, I am also going large with other paintings.

Pat Koscienski said...

Nice painting, Deb. I always like complementary colors in paintings, too....It does "pop".

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

The color is amazing, Deb - and so are those wonderful little reflections on the pepper's skin that really make it come to life!