Monday, September 20, 2010

Summer Cabin by Michael LeKites


A piece I did for a friend. This is the view from their summer cabin and she gave it as a gift for her father. The cabin is located up in southern New York area I believe.
When she picked up the piece I had forgotten to take some photos. She had sent me an image but it was poor quality. Fortunately, she brought the work back into town and this evening I was able to take a few pictures.
If you look closely on the left, you might be able to see the large white cross sitting atop a rock. Acrylic. Size is approx. 24x26.

3 comments:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Love the clarity of your atmosphere.

Thom Glace said...

What great trees!!. The best compliment you can say about paintings we list on this site, is that we want to view them up close in person. I wish I was standing in front of this painting right now!

Patrica Kline said...

Love this composition and the foreground completes the sweep of your eye through the scene. Brilliant color!