Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Autumn In the Pond" by Debra Tritt Kreiger

"Autumn in the Pond" 8.5"x12" watercolor on 140lb Arches paper

This is just finished. This is a resident of the Kings Gap State park pond. Capturing the lily pad as it has finished for the season and the textures and colors were great. I always say stop and really look at what is around you. You will be surprised at what you've been missing!

To contact me about the purchase of this painting or see more of my work go to http://www.debkreiger.com/ or follow my blog at debkreiger.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Debra--This painting is better than perfect. I love the way you handled the coloring of the lily pad and water and Mr Frog is so realistic, content for now, but looks like he is ready to leap.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Oh, Deb - I love this. I really checked those frogs out up at Kings Gap, and this little guy is exceptional. I also like the tiny water plants that float on the water with the lily pad - I have some of those in my pond, but can not remember what they are called.
Very nice!

Bertie Brown said...

how clever of you and what a great work!

Thom Glace said...

Fantastic! I love this painting!

Unknown said...

Wow, I thought this was a photo. It's perfect!

Pat Koscienski said...

Beautiful painting, Deb. Absolutely beautiful.

Patrica Kline said...

Lovey. I truely enjoyed your depth.