Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Newport Vista I - Acrylic Impressionistic Plein Aire Landscape Painting by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Pat Koscienski


Newport Vista
12" x 6"
Acrylic
This 12" x 6" acrylic painting was done plein air in Newport, PA. It was done at a high elevation looking down onto the Newport Bridge. It will be one of the paintings I will have in the "Winery by the Woods" Soiree held by the winery to benefit the Art Association of Harrisburg. This event will be held on Saturday, August 7 from 5 pm to 8 pm. The Billies will perform on guitar, keyboard, percussion and vocals. 6 other artists, including Stephen Wetzel, Jon Tritt, Cathy Mabius, Madeline Reiley, Robert Hughes, and Ralph Hocker, will also be exhibiting their works. Tickets can be purchased at the winery for $35 or at the door for $40. Tickets can also be purchased on line at http://www.artassocofhbg.com/ If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, contact Pat at patsfineart@hotmail.com To view more of my paintings, please visit my blogspot and website at:

9 comments:

Bertie Brown said...

I like the way those tree trunks frame the painting..and I like the vertical format.

Dianne Lorden said...

I like the interest created by the warm foreground and cool background, and the way the trunk on the left shoots one into the other. A Striking composition, esp. with the vertical treatment.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, Bertie and Dianne. I think the vertical format helped me create the sense of elevation of where I was standing. I really have a hard time reproducing that on the canvas...it's not as easy as it looks. LOL

Unknown said...

I love the rich blues, greens and rust colors in this.

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice Pat.

Cecelia Lyden said...

The illusion of elevation is well done--I can definitely feel and see the distance

Mary Beth Brath said...

I also like your vertical format. This is beautiful.

Pat Koscienski said...

Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful comments.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

You have created such a wonderful sense of depth in this, Pat. I can just imagine standing there and enjoying the view.