Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Green Shed by Julie Riker

I was inspired to post this painting after seeing Cecilia Lyden's posting from the same day. A group of painters met at the Two Mile House in Carlisle on Wednesday. Plein air painting with a group of people is lots of fun. It is so interesting to see how other artists interpret the same area, or even, what scene they choose to focus on. I find it helps me to see what I can do to improve my own work, and also helps me to appreciate and find my own unique style.

7 comments:

Jennifer VonStein said...

Love how you treat the shadows in the foliage.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

You got a beautiful painting yesterday, Julie! I think it's neat that our posts happened to come in together and got posted one after the other. It's always interesting to see the differences (and similarities) of work done by different artists of the same subject. Beautiful work!

Cecelia Lyden said...

Ditto Jennifer and Linda and I'll add what I said to Claire--luscious!

Mary Beth Brath said...

This plein air group of painters needs a name! Awesome work Julie!

L. O'Neal said...

Julie, you have a wonderful play of sunlight dancing around this lovely little scene. Nice work.

Autumn Leaves said...

What a beautiful yard!

Debra Kreiger said...

Very nice Julie. What a nice area to paint!