Friday, July 16, 2010

NUMBER 3 OF 10 - "The Arena" 28 x 36 - Linda Benton McCloskey

The above is one of my very few "strictly watercolor" abstract paintings. I usually use acrylic as a watermedia, but I thought I would challenge myself with using nothing but watercolor and even make it more difficult by using yupo instead of paper. I'm really happy with the results. Colors are mostly green with some blue - highlighted with a bright red. I hope to enter into the New England Watercolor Society's upcoming national juried show.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda, I love the flow of this piece.
Remember to put your name in the title line of your posts so google can find you.

Cecelia Lyden said...

Love the composition of colors, lines, shapes, textures,and movement. In short, realy nice non-representational piece.

Bertie Brown said...

I love it...looks very nautical to me.

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

fun and fluid... it looks like you enjoyed painting this one.

wandamarie said...

I just love the movement and the depth and contour you've achieved with this piece. The placement of red is just perfect. Wonderful!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is so visually appealing and exciting to look at. Great work, Linda.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Awesome piece Linda. We really need to get together soon.