Sunday, June 13, 2010

LILY PADS ON ITALIAN LAKE By Cecelia Lyden


acrylic on canvas

9x12

cecelialyden.com



The rain stopped and the fog cleared out, so a group of us ventured into Harrisburg last Thursday to paint at Italian Lake. There were lots of lilies, which opened en masse when the sun got strong. I had never been "up close and personal" with lily pads, so I decided to paint them rather than a wider scene. The sky was blue and most of the lake, reflecting the trees, was a dark brownish-green. I liked the blue/brown and green color combination with the spots of white.

2 comments:

Mary Beth Brath said...

Love it. I can't get enough water lilies. You do very well painting plein air.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I agree with Mary Beth - plein air suits your style quite nicely. Those lilies are floating on the surface of the water perfectly!