Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Howard Park Beach" by Dianne Lorden


Hi all - I'll be leaving for Florida for a family visit at the end of this week. In honor of that, I'm posting one of the pastels done from a photo I took when we were there last year. This is a lovely beach, I think. I had the most fun making those tiny little houses across the water with just itty bitty slashes and dots of color!
Pastel, 9"x12-1/2" (before framing) - Matted and framed: $80
To view my artwork, visit South Mountain Sketchbook at:

4 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

What a lovely palette of colors, and a beautiful place! Hope that you see lots of scenes like this on your vacation, Dianne. See you at the Festival!

Mary Beth Brath said...

So beautiful and sweet Dianne. You have a lovely style.

Autumn Leaves said...

The gorgeous field of wildflowers had me thinking this was a scene from the coast of Britain. No matter where, it is still a most beautiful scene and painting!

Debra Kreiger said...

Love those puffy hanging clouds. They draw you right into the painting. Very nice.